Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble with the handle bars for music fade in and fade out. It doesn't work. I also cannot see wave forms for music. Cannot select - it is grey. On a deadline and really having problems.

I am trying to finish a video and I want to fade the music in and out. I have read every tutorial I can get and the help info in iMovie. Nothing helsp. I cannot get it to fade by just sliding the handle bars. Other times, the music mutes completely when I try to add a fade. I try to view wave forms for music and it does not allow me to select . it remains grey. I am getting frustrated. I had no problem with 11 version. I now have 10.0.2 version. Can anyone help? my computer is latest Mac Book Pro 2013

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 1:18 PM

This is described in:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#mov3b5ded23e

A tip though - if you have a transition at the start or end of a clip it often obscures the fade handle. Trick is to temporarly move the transition (or delete it), move the fade handle then replace the transition.

Geoff.

2 replies

I am having trouble with the handle bars for music fade in and fade out. It doesn't work. I also cannot see wave forms for music. Cannot select - it is grey. On a deadline and really having problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.