Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i download my entire music library from the cloud?

Windows 8

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 6:28 AM

iTunes Store > Quicklinks > Purchased > {Media Kind} > Not on this computer > Download all.

Why do you need to do this? If your media is on another computer or an iPod/iOS device there are faster ways. If your library has become corrupt the media may still be there and it might be possible to restore/repair the library.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2014 6:28 AM in response to JoJango

iTunes Store > Quicklinks > Purchased > {Media Kind} > Not on this computer > Download all.

Why do you need to do this? If your media is on another computer or an iPod/iOS device there are faster ways. If your library has become corrupt the media may still be there and it might be possible to restore/repair the library.

tt2

Aug 15, 2015 9:15 AM in response to turingtest2

What about non-purchased stuff that is now in the cloud as you are using match? I'm fed-up with slow streaming of my own effing music which Apple assured me would be better in the cloud. It isn't, as I know have buffering issues. So I want to get everything BACK on my computer. Is there a simple solution? (I'm also suspicious that Apple has lost some of my music when I first started match. Sadly with the amount of music I have this is difficult to check).

Aug 15, 2015 9:27 AM in response to HotShotHamish

If your music went cloudy when you updated iTunes see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. Unless you actively delete them subscribing to iTunes Match should not alter your locally stored files.

As I understand it iTunes Match acts a bit like an extension of the iTunes in the Cloud feature that gives access to past purchases from any additional computer or iOS device. It shouldn't really be treated as an alternative to local storage and backup of your content, but as an adjunct to it. When you redownload matched content from iTunes Match you get the iTunes Store's versions of those tracks which, in some cases, may not fully match your original, either in metadata or audio content.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.