Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can expose and spaces be installed on Mavericks?

I recently updated my OS from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. I am sure there are some nifty things that this new OS can do, like iCloud synchronization, but Apple seems to have done away with some features that I really found useful, like Spaces which I used all the time. Is it possible to install Expose & Spaces on a Mavericks equipped machine? How would that be done?

Or is there a new feature that does the same thing that I have missed?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.4GHz Intel Core 17, 4GB DDR3

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:15 AM

Take a look at Mission Control.

7 replies

Feb 10, 2014 4:58 AM in response to Bluelipleader

Well, a part from the "row-columns" configuration is basically the "same" thing, it took me a while to get used to it. I suggest to disable the "Dashboard as Space" and "Reorder spaces based on usage" features, which I find wery useless and confusing.
It is nothing like windows, does windows even have a multi-desktop feature, i don't seem remember so..

Anyway if you find yourself better with SL it is not hard to downlgrade.

Feb 10, 2014 5:32 AM in response to JJ.69kt

My comment was referencing many changes in design that are dramatically uglier, less functional, cluttered. Safari has gotten busy and ugly, ditto Mail. Even the little things like scroll sliders are too small and decidedly drab. Actually, my Lion equipped MacBook Pro which I had Apple retrograde to SL ended up crashing recently which was diagnosed by Apple as a basic incompatibility between the machine upgrades and the old OS. Or it could be some more "planned obsolescence" like the files Apple added to Lion and after that disallow installing perfectly good $1000 software like Final Cut Studio. At the time of its introduction Final Cut X was a great leap backward.

Can expose and spaces be installed on Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.