Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 title: no audio in FCPX

Hi

I finished a Title in Motion 5, with audio. Everything works smoothly, including audio.

However, when I save it and open it in FCPX the audio won't play. In the FCPX Inspector there's no audio tab.

If I export the project as a movie, then the audio comes back and plays regularly.

Any idea why the Motion 5 Title has no audio in FCPX?

Thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Mac OS X (10.1.x), 24 GB RAM, Fusion Drive, 2 GB card

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 2:23 PM

It's always been this way. The audio from your project will be in the Title Media folder (when published to FCPX). You must import the audio into FCPX by normal means and manually synch the audio to the motion Title template. If you have the audio offset from the beginning of the template, you will need to know how many frames to offset it — set the playhead at that point and select the audio in the event browser and type 'q' to apply it. You can also use timeline markers in FCPX and snapping to help align/sync the audio.

HTH

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2014 2:23 PM in response to solomare

It's always been this way. The audio from your project will be in the Title Media folder (when published to FCPX). You must import the audio into FCPX by normal means and manually synch the audio to the motion Title template. If you have the audio offset from the beginning of the template, you will need to know how many frames to offset it — set the playhead at that point and select the audio in the event browser and type 'q' to apply it. You can also use timeline markers in FCPX and snapping to help align/sync the audio.

HTH

Feb 8, 2014 1:54 AM in response to solomare

I'm not sure what Apple's rationale is, but having considered the possible variations that can arise, I can see why it's done this way.

In FCPX, there's no guarantee that the effect will be exactly as it is created in Motion. And if used as an Effect, it could be any length of clip it's applied to without consideration. How do you synch the audio, especially if it is not aligned with the starting frame of the project. Time-scaling? Exact frame count offset? And Apple hasn't built in a way to get in and adjust any audio that might have been applied to the project (but it would be nice if there was something akin to an "audio dropzone"...)

Motion 5 title: no audio in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.