Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive usage

My hard drive is showing significanly higher usage that I am expecting it to show. I recently had some problems with it crashing so I went through several reinstall procedures. I have a 750 Gig hard drive. Before all the problems started I had @ 335 Gig's used. Now if I check under Get Into it shows 564 Gig's used. I If I check each sub-folder and add up the totals of each sub-folder I get @ the 335 Gig number? Is there something else going on?

Orginally my problems started with iPhoto crashing. I have @23k photos and get mixed input as to whether that is too many. I do have Aperture but up until now I had not been using it. I reinstalled OS X and all the apps...the second time manually in order to start over with the P List files. It has been better but I still experienced some apps either crashing or giving an error message to that effect but not actually closing out. On that seems to crash repeatedly is MediaLibrary particularly with Aperture or iTunes open. Any help would be appreciated.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 12:19 PM

There are no replies.

Hard drive usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.