Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete a library?

Hello dear wizzards of the community,

Since my "current API Library"is rather large with some 40.000+ files i export a library of a smart album with all the files I need to work on currently. when i am done with the work on that particular series i merge the smaller library back into big mama Library. that all works well, but when o check on my hard drive i still have the current "Big mama"library and the littel babt i no longer need... how do i get rid of that library? I tried putting it into the trash of my system (Mac, ), but it did not want to. i do not want to clutter up my file system with multiple libraries I now longer use... I checekd the manual and found many things on Merging and adding libraries, but not on how to delete a library.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 3:17 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2014 3:33 PM in response to angelik10

Where is the smaller baby library? On your system drive in your Home folder?

You should be able to delete the library by selecting it in the Finder and pressing the key combination ⌘⌫ (command-delete). What happens, when you try that? Do you get an error message? Is the library stillopen in Aperture?

Before you try to hard to delete the smaller library, have you checked thoroughly, if really all images have been impoted correctly?

How do i delete a library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.