Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can my phone answer calls when i can't see/use my IPhone 5 screen?

😟 So I broke my phone (It blacked out), I have insurance on it but It doesn't cover the whole cost so I have to wait. Sometimes my screen works, like for ex. when someone calls me I slide my finger across it bc i remember that's where it used to be when I could see my screen. Siri works ALL the time. So I can tell her to do certain things for me.. but now my screen isn't working completely!! (So i can't answer my phone anymore) 😠😠 Someone is constantly calling my phone and i'm trying to figure out who it is, I asked Siri "Missed Calls" and she said you have atleast 25 missed calls. (This is the IPhone 5, so it's not the updated one) I've tried "Last Missed Call" and she responds with nothing ... I can't even power my phone off

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 3:30 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2014 8:07 AM in response to asyamonet

Hello asyamonet,

It sounds as if screen curtain has been enabled. This can be disabled by tapping your screen three times with three fingers.

Turn the screen curtain on or off. Triple-tap with three fingers. When the screen curtain is on, the screen contents are active even though the display is turned off.

iPhone User Guide - Use iPhone with VoiceOver

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/

Cheers,

Allen

How can my phone answer calls when i can't see/use my IPhone 5 screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.