Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I re-order the pages in my document with having to cut and paste everything?

Hello, I have a larger sized document and I need to reorder the sections of my document. However there are many images so cut-paste seems to screw up my formatting since pages like to move text around automatically but not images (like if I hit backspace until the text goes back to the previous page, the images will stay on the same page without moving back).

On the previous version of pages (pages' 09 I believe) I could simply click and drag the page thumbnails around. However I cannot seem to be able to do this in Pages'13... Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 4:24 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2014 5:40 PM in response to dingdoo

Hi dd,

Pages '09 offered two types of documents.

Word processing documents included a text layer, and consisted of sections made up of multiple pages. If no section breaks were inserted, a fifty page document could consist of a single section. Text could be placed directly into the text layer, and Objects could be placed on the page as Floating Objects, independent of the text, and able to make text flow around themselves, or could be placed as Inline Objects, inserted into the line of text running from beginning to end of the document, and moving with the text as it was edited.

In a Page Layout document, each page was a single section. There was no text layer, so only objects could be placed on the page. Any text had to be contained in a Text box or in a Shape. Unless grouped, each object was independent of the others.

Changing your images from Floating to Inline objects may be the key to your document rearranging issues. They can be changed back to Floating after being moved to theor new locations.

Regards,

Barry

How can I re-order the pages in my document with having to cut and paste everything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.