Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Taking forever to launch

When I click on FCP X it now is taking forever to launch. I've had it open for over 4 hours and it won't load my projects and files.

Also, seperate note - how do I add a movie project from one library to another library?

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 6:54 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2014 9:56 PM in response to rsuri1012

Hide your Libraries in a (temporary) new folder, then launch FCP X. If it creates a new Library, and launches OK, you probably have corrupted media or render files in one or more existing Libraries.

Quit the application, and drag one Library back to its original position and launch FCP X again. If that opens, repeat the process until you find the faulty Library.

If FCP X doesn't launch when there are no existing Libraries, Uninstall it following Apple's instructions and reinstall it from the App Store (using the same login that the app was bought with).

rsuri1012 wrote:

Also, seperate note - how do I add a movie project from one library to another library?

You can COPY a Project to an Event in another Library by clicking on the Project and dragging it, or you can MOVE the Project to an Event in another Library by dragging (as above) but pressing the Cmd button a moment before you release the mouse to drop the Project into the new Event.

When you release the mouse, a window will appear telling you what's going to happen - if it's not what you want, you did it wrong.

Andy

Taking forever to launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.