Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost document - /Library/Caches/ - MerpAD in trash- how to recover .tmp files

Hi everybody,

I was trying to delete safari caches from /Library/Caches/ and it seems that I accidentally deleted some important word and excel files from my Desktop (I was using the rm -rf command).

A "recovered_files/" folder appered in my trash and inside it there is a banch of .tmp files and a MerpAD file with a list of all my deleted word files. There is also a folder called "msoclip" with an .xml file.

-Does anybody know what this MerpAD file with the list of documents is telling me? Is this the list of documents that have been recovered?

-What do I do with the .tmp files? Some of them have up to 481Kb, but I have no idea how to open them properly. I tried in different ways, but most of it comes out kind of decripted.

-Does anybody know what the msoclip contains? Since the MerpAD seems to contain a list with the word documents I thought that maybe this msoclip had something to do with the excel files.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:52 PM

There are no replies.

Lost document - /Library/Caches/ - MerpAD in trash- how to recover .tmp files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.