Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Airport Extreme Basestation

I recently purchased a new 27" iMac to replace a Early 2004 iMac. I have a Airport Extreme Basestation connected via CAD 5 cable to the iMac. When the iMac boots many times the Airport Extreme does not propperly connect. When I open the Airport Utility I have Internet but the harddrives don't mount and if I click on the Airport Icon in the utility it asks for my password. I enter my password and it does nothing. I have to unplug the Airport Extreme then replug for a proper connection. It is either Mavericks since I had Mountain Lion on the older iMac and the day I received the new 27" iMac Mavericks was released. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), Other OS, 16gb RAM

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:37 PM

4 replies

Problems with Airport Extreme Basestation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.