Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I take notes on a locked PDF with my Macbook Air? :)

Hello, I do not own an iPad, but I recently got a Macbook Air. I am constantly taking notes in class. Is there any program I can download onto my macbook so I can take great notes on locked PDFs that I can store in google docs (just like my friends do with annotate apps on their iPads)? I know I can't use a stylist, but I would like to type, highlight, underline, etc. Please help!

Cheers,

AR

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 2:18 AM

There's an app in the AppStore called PDF to Word. You can use it to convert PDF's to word docs and edit them as you like.

6 replies

Feb 8, 2014 4:43 AM in response to mgoksoy

Thank you for such a great suggestion! This could solve all my problems, if the PDFs were not password protected. Do you know if PDF to Word will only allow the conversion if I have the password for the PDF? I definitely don't have the passwords for the PDF documents. I saw another app for example that looks great but it says "To convert encrypted word files, you'll need to type the corresponding password before converting."

Thanks Again,

AR

How can I take notes on a locked PDF with my Macbook Air? :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.