Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to permanently delete and restore email messages from my IPad without erasing everything?

I am not familiar with IPad usage but wondered if there is a way to remove all my emails without removing everything else, ie: photos, songs..? Does a restore erase everything? Thanks!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, 16gb

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 9:40 PM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2014 4:52 PM in response to Templeton Peck

I cannot delete an email address that was also an Apple ID for awhile. It keeps coming up as an "email return to" address on compose in gmail.

As a result, I removed all mention of it in my keychain and cancelled it in Google. I called Apple support and for awhile was able to use time

machine to restore it, then lost all my addresses again. My iPad mini has addresses on it but I'm concerned that if it syncs with my Macbook Air

the iPad addresses will disappear also. How can I prevent an unwanted sync?

Is there any way to permanently delete and restore email messages from my IPad without erasing everything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.