Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt iPod, need help restoring

Hello.

My iPod classic is having a few problems. When connected to the computer (Windows 8), iTunes automatically freezes and won't even allow me to click on anything until the second the iPod has been disconnected. The iPod clearly has the connected screen, but my computer freezes when I try to do anything on either iTunes or through 'My Computer' they both just freeze. I've tried to re-set it whilst both unplugged and plugged in, here it recognises the iPod and tells me that it's plugged in on iTunes but says that the iPod is corrupt and needs to be restored. But I can't restore my iPod because the screen disappears and iTunes freezes again before I have the chance.

I've tried everything, re-booting. Using a friend's computer, using a different wire, re-installing iTunes, putting the iPod into disc mode and nothing seems to be working. The iPod is quite old (2009) but works perfectly other than its new inability to sync and connect to iTunes, so I would like to try and fix it before going out and buying a new one.

I feel like the iPod would correct itself if I could restore it, is there any other way to restore it other than through the screen on iTunes which I can't access?

Thanks.

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:17 AM

1 reply

Corrupt iPod, need help restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.