Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Time Capsule won't recognize any Ethernet cable.

I bought this 2TB AirPort Time Capsule a week ago, it was working just fine, when I set it up for the first time, everything was alright, it even upgraded the software version from 7.7.1 to 7.7.2 and worked perfectly until this morning. I don't own a Mac so I configured it by AirPort Utility for iOS, and now it tells me that the Ethernet cable is not plugged in, but it is. I tried different cables, different modems and nothing seems to work. I even connected it to a PC to see if the LAN ports were working, but they aren't either. I've searched over the Internet and I can't find any solution.

I connected the modem to my old wireless router and it worked perfectly. I don't know what else to do to make it work.

You may also know that the only different thing I made in the last 24 hours was setting up a Guest Network and then disabling it last night.

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 6:42 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2014 9:32 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Motorola SB5101N

I haven't tried that because the modem isn't giving me troubles, I am using it with my old wireless router right now. I have rebooted it and turned it's power off without success, I also reset the Time Capsule and the problems persist. I will proceed to power the modem off for 30 minutes as you said to see if it helps. Thanks for answering.

Feb 8, 2014 9:42 AM in response to nancho0013

Depending on your ISP, it may take longer for the equipment back at the cable company to fully reset and issue a new fresh IP address to the modem.

If anything, leave the modem powered off longer. It sometimes takes my ISP up to 45 minutes to reset things when I power off my cable modem.......even though the ISP tells me that it should only take a minute or two.

When you power the modem back up, let it run for 5-10 minutes by itself before you connect it to the Time Capsule and power up the Time Capsule.

Since you have reset the Time Capsule, you will need to set it up again. You can use the same names and passwords that you used before if you wish.

Feb 8, 2014 11:18 AM in response to nancho0013

Power up the TC for a few minutes and then hold in the reset button firmly for 10 seconds and release. Allow a full minute for the TC to restart back to a slow, blinking amber light.

If the Ethernet ports do not light up when you plug an Ethernet cable into any of the ports to test, then you likely have an internal power supply problem with the TC. The device will need to be replaced.

My new Time Capsule won't recognize any Ethernet cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.