Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Translating iBooks Authors projects into ePUB projects without using another program?

I have several iBooks author projects that I have completed and some are up on the iTunes Store. I'm wondering if there is there another way without any extra work (re-creating in another program) to use the same projects created in iBoopks Author to be used as an EPUB for other companies such as Amazon, and Barnes & Noble's or others?

If not what is the easiest way of doing it? And what program would be best use?

I want my e-books to be available in every venue not just Apple. Want to maximize sales.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 6:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2014 8:17 AM in response to dmfett

You could try exporting your ibooks to pdf format and using some app or online converter to convert pdf to epub. How good the result would be would depend on the content.

Better would be to reuse your content (via copy/paste) in apps that create epub, like Pages, InDesign, or Sigil.

Another option is to use an Aggregator and create your content in the format they prefer, often Word.

Feb 8, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for your reply.

Any suggestions which online converter to convert to PDF to the epub?

Who else has done this sort of thing out there?

I have pages that I use for other projects.

The last time I try to use the sharing part to createdan epub for some reason pages wanted to send me to the Apple iTunes Store. (My books were already created as an iBook authors file for the iPhone iTunes Store) That was sort of a problem and I gave up....I haven't done it for about a year is there a way to stop from doing that?

Thanks again

Feb 8, 2014 10:56 AM in response to dmfett

dmfett wrote:

Any suggestions which online converter to convert to PDF

The last time I try to use the sharing part to createdan epub for some reason pages wanted to send me to the Apple iTunes Store.

iBA itself exports/converts to PDF.

I don't understand what you mean about Pages. If you do File > Export > Epub it should just create a local .epub file.

Translating iBooks Authors projects into ePUB projects without using another program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.