Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Aliasing???

I'm on FCP7 and can't figure out why titles are appearing so jaggy/ aliasy. I've tried different sequence presets. Also some footage in bin which appears fine gets same bad jaggy look when played in timeline. Help! thanks

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 6:26 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2014 6:33 AM in response to DQBeezy

Because the Timeline / Canvas does not show your video at full resolution.

It is there for you to see the flow of your story, not to make decisions about technical quality or color fidelity.

To make those decisions, you need to view via a broadcast monitor or an excellent tv connnected by a qualified video card or external box such as those made by Blackmagic, Kona or Matrox.

Feb 8, 2014 6:54 AM in response to Nick Holmes

Thanks for the response Nick. Sorry I wasn't clear, I am also monitoring on a Sony 32" TV and the problem appears in both places. It's also visible when I make the h264/mp4. Again, a clip or title appears fine when in the bin on both the TV and the canvas, but once it hits the timeline it gets crazy bad aliasing. So the issue seems to be coming from the timeline. Any ideas? thanks

Feb 8, 2014 7:50 AM in response to DQBeezy

How are you feeding the TV?

If directly from the computer, your TV is just another computer monitor.

To see the material as it will really appear on a TV you need to send the signal through a 3rd party converter. Blackmagic, Matrox and AJA all make good ones.

If this program will stay within the world of computers, make sure the material and sequence are progressive and the sequence field settings are: NONE.

Also, use Boris' Title 3d to do your titles, not the FCP titler.

x

Why Aliasing???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.