Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Use Scroll Wheel to Turn Pages

How do I get iBooks to use the scroll wheel on my Logitech mouse to turn pages in iBooks. Seems like it should be an option but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. It's getting frustrating. 😠

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 7:48 AM

So, after 24 hours there are still no responses so I'm going to say that the answer to my question is: "No, you cannot use the scroll wheel on your mouse to navigate in iBooks for the Mac." I'm picking this as the best answer and will be sending feedback to Apple about this issue. At least now when someone does a web search on this, they'll have an answer.

Go to this link and send feedback to Apple if you'd like this odd behavior changed:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ibooks.htm

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2014 7:48 AM in response to Mainyard52

So, after 24 hours there are still no responses so I'm going to say that the answer to my question is: "No, you cannot use the scroll wheel on your mouse to navigate in iBooks for the Mac." I'm picking this as the best answer and will be sending feedback to Apple about this issue. At least now when someone does a web search on this, they'll have an answer.

Go to this link and send feedback to Apple if you'd like this odd behavior changed:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ibooks.htm

Apr 8, 2014 1:19 AM in response to Mainyard52

I'd like ANY easy way of turning the page in iBooks with a mouse, scroll, click, click & drag, anything that doesn't require bringing focus to iBooks, finding a narrow strip at the edge of the page and then clicking. Bizarre that there seems to be no way unless you use a magic mouse (I own one, but never use it as the right click is so impossible).

Apr 24, 2016 9:59 AM in response to Mainyard52

Hi,

I have a solution.

Download Karabiner.

Google "karabiner app specific"

Then copy and paste this to your private.xml file:

<appdef>

<appname>IBOOKS</appname>

<equal>com.apple.iBooksX</equal>

</appdef>

<item>

<name>Change ScrollWheel</name>

<item>

<name>Change scroll for page_down_up</name>

<identifier>remap.scroll_page_down_up</identifier>

<only>IBOOKS</only>

<autogen>

__ScrollWheelToKey__

ScrollWheel::UP,

KeyCode::PAGEDOWN

</autogen>

<autogen>

__ScrollWheelToKey__

ScrollWheel::DOWN,

KeyCode::PAGEUP

</autogen>

</item>

</item>

Cheers,

Ttan

Can't Use Scroll Wheel to Turn Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.