Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone 5s with New iMAC

My wife just bought a new iMAC running Mavericks (10.9.1). She wants to transfer photos from her iPhone 5s 9ios 7). I plugged in her ohone via usb, opened iPhoto, and nothing. I don't see the device in the left pane. I then tried syncing to iTunes. I authorized her new computer, then plugged in the phone. I don't see the ios device in the right hand corner. It's like the usb port doesn't recognize the device, however the phone is charging when plugged in. What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks Joe

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2014 8:11 AM in response to joehkc

You can't sync Contacts/Calendars locally with a Mac running Mavericks, as Apple removed Sync Services from Mavericks. You either use iCloud or a similiar OTA deal. As for iPhoto, again, you can only import photos/videos in the camera roll. If the photos currently on the phone, were synced to this phone, you'll have to use third-party software to extract them. Something like this:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Bear in mind, they were reduced in resolution when synced to the phone. There's no way to recover the full resolution

If these photos are in the camera roll, & iPhoto does not see them, try Image Capture...in the Applications folder.

Sync iPhone 5s with New iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.