Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have bought an iphone 4s as second hand.i made a FACTORY RESET. and after that the phone is asking for an apple id that is linked the device with find my iphone. i cant contact with the previous owner. what can i do now?

i have bought an iphone 4S as second hand and i made a factory reset and the phone is now asking for a apple id to acrivate the iphone. but i cannot contact the previous owner. what can i do now?

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:35 AM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2016 1:39 PM in response to vannn2103

What are you ranting about? The phone is activation locked. Activation lock is doing exactly what it is designed to do. It is preventing anyone other than the rightful owner of the phone from activating and using it. If it was sold legitimately by the rightful owner to the OP, then the seller should have followed the process to remove the lock and erase the phone before doing so and the buyer should have checked to make sure it was not activation locked before buying it.

i have bought an iphone 4s as second hand.i made a FACTORY RESET. and after that the phone is asking for an apple id that is linked the device with find my iphone. i cant contact with the previous owner. what can i do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.