Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone4s and my daughter's iPod5

When my daughter received her own iPod, I set it up hoping to be able to monitor her usage; however, I ended up adding her ipod under my Apple ID now she can see all of my pics and text messages. How can I separate our devices? She also received a Apple iTunes gift card, but because of how I set up the devices, the gift card is attached to my id. I want to monitor and have full access to her device but I don't want her to have full access to my pics, texts, etc as she dies now because of how I set it up. Help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:53 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2014 8:28 AM in response to allekim

You would have to reconfigure her iPod as it's own with it's own account, remove your iPhone. Then move her gift card to that account. As for controlling or monitoring her iPod, look at Parentkit, parental controls for IOS. May do what you want. It's free for the first 30 days, then you have to pay for service, 6 and 12 month contracts. But wouldn't it be better to work out ground rules with your daughter and set up a relationship based on trust rather than one or miss trust? Then again kids are kids and will get themselves into bad situations without a guidance. Good luck.

My iPhone4s and my daughter's iPod5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.