Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

freeze table

Hi

On a sheet how do I arrange tables ( say three or more) so that with every additional row added the tables do not overlap. Its like how can I "insert page break"?

Regards

Singh

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 8:47 AM

Singh,

Page formatting is less than stellar in Numbers 3.x.

The best way I can thinnk of is to place the tables across (left to right) and expand them down. While they are placed across select the menu item "File > Print" to see how the pagination looks.

Here is an example with three tables side-by-side:

User uploaded file

Now select the menu item "File > Print..":

User uploaded file

Numbers has scaled everything to fit on one page. So unselect the "Auto Fit" check box and use the scale slider (just below the checkbox) to adjust the scale so each table is on its' own page:

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2014 8:47 AM in response to Singh

Singh,

Page formatting is less than stellar in Numbers 3.x.

The best way I can thinnk of is to place the tables across (left to right) and expand them down. While they are placed across select the menu item "File > Print" to see how the pagination looks.

Here is an example with three tables side-by-side:

User uploaded file

Now select the menu item "File > Print..":

User uploaded file

Numbers has scaled everything to fit on one page. So unselect the "Auto Fit" check box and use the scale slider (just below the checkbox) to adjust the scale so each table is on its' own page:

User uploaded file

freeze table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.