Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMD GPU. Driver update problem. Windows 7, BootCamp 5

Hey .

First I describe my problems, then what I've tried and at the bottom are my computer specs.

I have an old driver for my video card , I am reminded of this when I start modern games such as Battlefield 4

When I start Battlefield 4 a window opens that says which model of the driver I have installed and that I should switch to a newer, and the latest driver model number is then specified .

I have tried to update by :

1. Windows update . No such updates are there

2. Go into the Control Panel , gone into the display settings ( through the " change screen resolution " ) , advanced tab, the video card , properties, driver tab, and finally update the driver. With the election "search automatically". Then I get the message. " You already have the latest drivers installed ."

3. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website ( amd ) and then implement step 2 ( above), but choose option : choose driver software on your computer. Then select the folder where I downloaded the files from the manufacturer's website . Then I get the same message from option 2.

4. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website and then run the file I downloaded . The same message comes from the game (battlefield 4) that I do not have the latest drivers installed . Although the final page in the driver-installation said: your drivers are updated. Restarting the computer does not help me off with the problem.

Uninstall the existing driver is a possible solution . However, not reliable to me. Am worried that no drivers can be installed and that I will be stuck without any driver because i Did it once and could not install the new drivers and was then forced to reinstall BootCamp because they provide drivers for eg graphics cards, mice, keyboards and so on. However, these are updated from apple's side once every 3 years, and usually in conjunction with driver issues or updates. Not like these " imperfections " that I have.

Any other options than to uninstall the drivers and hope it goes to install new from the drivers website?

My technical data:

Computer: iMac (purchased newest model in June 2012 )

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit , through BootCamp 5 from Mac os Mountain Lion.

Graphics card: Amd Radeon 6700m 512mb

Current driver: 13.9

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Windows 7, Boot Camp 5.

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 8:29 AM

There are no replies.

AMD GPU. Driver update problem. Windows 7, BootCamp 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.