Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Touch doesn't connect to iTunes

I've gone through the different troubleshooting, but nothing I try works. It shows up in Windows and the message pops up asking what I want to do with the device and all, but it does not appear in iTunes nor syncs with it. During one part of the toubleshooting, it suggested to change the drive letter, but in the section where it would show up and thus let me change the letter, it did not appear. I am not sure whether or not it is related to why my ipod won't connect, or if its just because I have windows 8. My iPod is a 16 gigabyte, and maybe one or two years old.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 10:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2014 10:32 AM in response to Ambiguous_Axiom

See

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Featurs appin the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

My iPod Touch doesn't connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.