Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the best way to use time capsule with time warner arris router

What is the best way to use time capsule with time warner Arris TG862 router. I have been having problems recently with wifi network connections throughout my home. I am not sure what seems to be the problem!

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 12:18 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2014 12:32 PM in response to chapsalbert

Kappy is dead on correct about Bridge Mode as a requirement for the Time Capsule.

Do you know how to check to see if the Time Capsule is configured this way?

Next question.....you really should not try to have two wireless networks....one Arris and another Time Capsule.....unless it is absolutely necessary. Two wireless routers in close proximity can create wireless interference effects that can cause problems with either...or both...networks.

Best to turn off the wireless on one router to keep the chances of wireless interference between routers minimized.

Are both the Arris and Time Capsule providing wireless signals?

Jul 10, 2014 11:28 AM in response to chapsalbert

I just got this same modem to use with my Xfinity service and my Apple Time Capsule (the tower). When I called to activate the modem, I told the rep that I also wanted it in full Bridge mode so that I could use my Time Capsule as the router instead of the built-in WiFi. She turned the WI FI to the modem off, and the light went off. I then went ahead and connected my Time Capsule as usual. Everything seems to be working perfectly, including the phone.

what is the best way to use time capsule with time warner arris router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.