Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When connecting my ipod nano (5 gen) I get an error messege saying that it was recognized but not properly. Ive tried everything the support site says and it still not working. What do I do now?

When connecting my ipod nano (5th gen) I get an error messege saying that it was recognized but not propperly. I treid everything that the support site said to do but it still not working. What do I do no?

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 1:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2014 7:17 PM in response to jcguzman16

After I updated iTunes I tried to sync my 5th Gen Nano and first I got an iPod not recognised message, so I followed the support instructions to reset the iPod. Now it went blank and will not respond at all. It just shut down! I can't get it to reset even when connected to power. I'm reading all sorts of 5th Gen issues that are poping up. Has Apple finally made it obsolete?

Feb 23, 2014 8:17 AM in response to jcguzman16

This came from another thread, but worked for me. Problem is with newest iTunes 4.62. Unistall iTunes, as well as its helper programs (Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Divice Support, and Apple Software Update). Reboot, and reinstall iTunes. It will reinstall all the other ones and you should be able to connect your nano. Good luck.

When connecting my ipod nano (5 gen) I get an error messege saying that it was recognized but not properly. Ive tried everything the support site says and it still not working. What do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.