Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xdcam transfer suddenly not working in FCP7

I have been successfully editing FCP7 and using XDCam transfer for two years ( although 95% a cameraman but edited sporatically on Avid and Premier for many years). Mainly use XDCam transfer to check clips for client in field.

Suddenly XDcam transfer stopped working. Deleted & reinstalled. Even deleted and reinstalled FCP. If I just use L&T I can get clips in but they play back horribly tiled and mosaiced ( forgive spelling). An editor friend got Transfer to work awkwardly( clicking on every clip to play just one) using Pinel(?) ( some software he says usually works in the background.)

Other formats edit fine.

I have always left everything as is, no add ons, third party or anything. Any thoughts?

Macbook Pro 15" with express slot

FCP 7.0.3

osx 10.6.8

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 12:53 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2014 3:59 PM in response to uptom

Not a reply but more info about the problem.:

When I try to use XDCam Transfer it brings up an error window that says it is not a recognized format.

And regarding the bad image in the player and canvas windows it isn't tiling or mosaic as it is a herring bone pattern that flashes rapidly off and on.

xdcam transfer suddenly not working in FCP7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.