Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini - wifi connection - using tip

Today I've bought iPad mini. Since, this is first iPad I have, I am wonder should I leave wifi on the whole time, or it is better to turn it off? I have skype, viber and other programs, whose should be online. I know I have to keep wifi on if I want them to be online, but is this harmful for the iPad, to wifi be always on?

And what happens to iPad when it goes to sleep? Is wifi still turned on, or it goes off, too?

And how it acts in scheduled do not disturb mode?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 1:44 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2014 2:00 PM in response to milandc

You can keep wi-fi on switching the ipad off or locking the ipad wont' effect the wi-fi as long you are in range. However if you do want to pro-long battery i suggest you put the ipad on airplane mode when you do not need wi-fi. My ipad last me 2 days before i have to charge it by doing this. Even if you keep the wi-fi on it wont harm the ipad.

Feb 9, 2014 3:28 AM in response to PD2015

Thanks for your tip. This is the first time I am using iPad (Mini) and I am not sure what is happening and I am also little scared if everything is ok with the device. Even if I leave wifi on, after some time in sleep mode, it become unavailable on skype, and than it goes online again after I wake him up and it connects again to wifi, because there is no wifi icon in the moment of waking up.

iPad Mini - wifi connection - using tip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.