628 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2014 11:44 AM by mario49
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
For more information, take a look at:
iOS: Troubleshooting Messages
To resolve issues with sending and receiving MMS, follow these steps first
- Go to Settings and turn airplane mode off.
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn MMS Messaging on.
- Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Cellular Data on.
- Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Data Roaming on if you are roaming on a cellular provider network different from your billing provider's network.
- Verify that you have a cellular data connection in the status bar at the top left of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and turn Wi-Fi off. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify that you have a data connection. Turn Wi-Fi back on to continue using Wi-Fi for other features. If your cellular data connection isn't available, follow these steps.
- Verify that you can send and receive SMS. If you are unable to send and receive SMS, see the "Issues with sending and receiving SMS" section, above.
- MMS may not be available while on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
- Reseat your SIM card.
Have a nice day,