Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After servicing my laptop recently, I can no longer find the time machine back up disk

I recenty had my macbook pro serviced after the hard drive cable was broken. Upon return, when I attempt to back up to time machine it says backup disk not available and I cannot find any disks to select in time machine preferences. Any idea how to fix this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 2:49 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2014 1:34 PM in response to aimehunter

aimehunter,

if you had Time Machine running without connecting an external drive directly to your MacBook Pro, then it must have been a wireless connection to an AirPort Time Capsule.

Open the Time Machine pane in System Preferences. Does it show that you have a destination drive selected there? If not, press the Select Disk… button to select your AirPort Time Capsule drive. After that, select Back Up Now from the Time Machine icon in your menu bar to restart your regular Time Machine backups.

After servicing my laptop recently, I can no longer find the time machine back up disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.