Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I auto save all newly created contacts to a pre-determined group in Maverick? Could do this on iTunes, can't do it on iCloud...

Hi,

Before upgrading to Maverick, I used to sync all my contacts via iTunes.

iTunes used to have an option to "Add contacts created outside of groups on this iPhone to: (drop-down)".

I had created a group called ' RECENTLY ADDED ', so that every time I saved a new number whilst meeting people / networking, etc, it would auto-save to that group. I would then sync via iTunes, and voila- all my new contacts would be in there.

As a marketer, I allocate my contacts into various complicated groups... so from there, I would proceed to move each contact into their relevant group, and then 'delete' from group (not delete completely). I would repeat this step until all contacts were moved out, leaving an empty 'recently added' group.

The next time i was out networking/saving new numbers, the process would repeat...

Now that I have upraded to Maverick and using iCloud syncing, I cannot find this feature.

The previous method I used worked brilliantly, and I do not always have time to add notes, etc (for a smart group) when saving new numbers.

I'm struggling to find a solution now that I'm using the iCloud syncing service...

Any suggestions to make it easy??

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 2:43 PM

There are no replies.

How do I auto save all newly created contacts to a pre-determined group in Maverick? Could do this on iTunes, can't do it on iCloud...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.