Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vertical lines on my screen

I started my computer this morning and there are numerous vertical lines going from top to bottom on the right side of the screen. Any way I can get rid of those?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), it won't close, or refresh

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 2:59 PM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2015 1:39 PM in response to rezwomanl

I have the same problem that just started today:

For some reason suddenly there are several vertical lines on the left side of the screen. It's 3 thin lines... looks like a black one, a blue one and a red one... then also in the bottom corner about a 1/2 inch sort of vertical dash. I've attached a screenshot. Does anyone have any ideas of anything I could try besides taking it into Apple repair? I've tried rebooting several times and it shows the same lines each time.

As you can see in the screenshot it does NOT show the lines on the screenshot. I also took a pic on my iphone and was thinking of posting it as well.

User uploaded file

vertical lines on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.