Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor White Screen

My friend uses fraps to record his video but he want me to edit it. In order to do this we needed to change the .avi from fraps to .mov so i could edit with imovie. to begin with we started with a free program but the quality was so bad that it was almost un-veiwable . Next we decided to go big or go home and get a nice expensive video encoder. however when we attempted to use the shiny new Compressor 4 it resulted in a white screen. The audio was fine but the screen was completely white.

Thx for any help

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 3:54 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2014 12:21 AM in response to TomasCS

Hi Tomas, do you have any further information? Your environment, error logs? Screen capture (other than white screen). Cant help without that.😐

If no success and whilst on the FREEWARE non FCPX thing, the .AVI containers etc....I'd propose you use Handbrake.app from //handbrake.fr in lieu of Compressor.app. It has a good CLI version. Install VLC to get the FREEWARE / OPEN SOURCE codecs.

Compressor White Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.