Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too much data being used?

So I have an iPhone that has like 5 more apps than my iPad and way more pics. But my iPad is using more data and my phone and iPad are the same GB . What to do?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:03 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2014 11:04 AM in response to kaylabug2702

Are you talking about too much cellular data being transmitted or about too much of the local storage on the iPad being occupied? griff w has addressed the former, but my guess is that you meant the latter.

If the pictures in question were synced from a computer using iTunes, they would be downloaded at different resolutions to match the sceens of the devices. Since an iPad (especially a recent one) has many more pixels on the screen than your iPhone 4S, each picture synced from the computer will be larger (take up more storage on the device).

If the pictures got on the devices some other way, let us know how (device camera, PhotoStream, DropBox, etc.).

Too much data being used?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.