Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini connection problem with iMessage & FaceTime

My iPad mini wont let me use I message or FaceTime. I can sign in with Apple ID to every other function just not these 2 things. When I try to sign in to iMessage or FaceTime it says there is no wireless connection. I don't have a wireless phone contract with the ipad mini although I do have a wireless phone. Shouldn't it work either way?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, Ipad mini

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM in response to Ebivin

Hello Ebivin,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4268

1. If you're using Wi-Fi, make sure that your local Wi-Fi network is using the recommended Wi-Fi settings.
  2. Sign in to your account and ensure that the primary email address and alternate e-mail addresses have been verified. If verification is pending, follow the instructions in the email Apple sent to that email address to complete verification. Or remove the e-mail addresses from the account.
  3. If your Apple ID isn't an email address, you can change it. The Apple ID that you're using to activate FaceTime or iMessage must be an email address. Find more information on how to change your Apple ID.
  4. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Make sure that your iPhone is set to the correct time zone. If Set Automatically is on but the wrong time zone appears, turn Set Automatically off and choose the correct time zone, date, and time.
  5. Enable iMessage and FaceTime while connected to a different Wi-Fi network (in a different location) if a cellular data connection is not available.

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199

Have a nice day,

Mario

Ipad mini connection problem with iMessage & FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.