Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPod 4th generation button has not worked for like 2 years and i got it 3 years ago and i also don't want to send it in what will make my ipod HOME BUTTON WORK AGAIN ????

my ipod 4TH GENERATION HOME BUTTON has stopped orking for 2 HOLE YEARS what do i do and i DO NOT WANT TO SEND IT IN FOR REPAIRS

and also is it true when you send it to the apple repair place that you don't get the same ipod back you get someonne else's used ipod that has been fixed

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:49 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2014 3:47 AM in response to ipod4generation13

Try:

http://snapguide.com/guides/calibrate-your-home-button/?utm_expid=69945963-15

fix for Home button

iPhone Home Button Not Working or Unresponsive? Try This Fix

- You can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

You can do it an an Apple store by:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or sent it in to Apple. See:

Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ

- There are third-party places like the following that will repair the Home button. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

my iPod 4th generation button has not worked for like 2 years and i got it 3 years ago and i also don't want to send it in what will make my ipod HOME BUTTON WORK AGAIN ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.