Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound doesn't come back after standby

Hi,

The sound of my Mac Book Air doens't come back after standby, I have to restart it to get it again.

When it append, I got a video on VLC.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 5:01 PM

did you put your Air to sleep with headphones attached, or closed the monitor with phones attached?

Do not sleep your Air (close the monitor with headphones attached) with headphones attached, this is known to affect some Air under Mavericks.

* this occurrence is being looked into.

Much testing on my own and others as well show that, in some instances, this occurs in Mavericks.

If you choose you may contact Apple for an appt and diagnostics.

However as said, refrain from having phones attached when you close the monitor to prevent this until it is resolved

Test this and re-verify

peace

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2014 5:01 PM in response to Alice-P

did you put your Air to sleep with headphones attached, or closed the monitor with phones attached?

Do not sleep your Air (close the monitor with headphones attached) with headphones attached, this is known to affect some Air under Mavericks.

* this occurrence is being looked into.

Much testing on my own and others as well show that, in some instances, this occurs in Mavericks.

If you choose you may contact Apple for an appt and diagnostics.

However as said, refrain from having phones attached when you close the monitor to prevent this until it is resolved

Test this and re-verify

peace

Sound doesn't come back after standby

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.