Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music will download to my ipod 120 classic but it doesnt show up on the ipod, if you hook it up to a computer, you will see that the music loaded

Hello, I am using a windows 8 computer. I have just downloaded the newest i tunes, I have an ipod classic 120.

When I download music from my i tunes or from my music in my computer, the ipod doesn't register that it has been loaded.

However, if I hook the ipod up to my computer it shows and plays all of the music through the computer, 60GB of it. The ipod itself still says no songs,

no artists, no nothing! ( my apologizes to my English teacher).

Please any advice would be appreciated....I have restored it several times, adding the music one artist at a time. Still it shows that music only when the ipod

is connected to a computer but nothing on the ipod screen but no music, no artist, no, no nothin!. The ipod itself shows no music.

Thanks for your time,

landis.b

Windows 8

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 6:33 PM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2014 10:40 AM in response to the fiend

I have tried to sync with itunes and i have cleared it out and then plugged into my computer and copy & paste music over from my music. When I go into my ipod through my computer is shows the music copied and will play it on the computer but the screen on the ipod still says no music.

One would think that perhaps the music was not copied onto the ipod but when i went to itunes and wiped the ipod out yet again, it showed the music (mb used on the ipod) before i wiped it out. I was told that perhaps I was moving too much too fast, so I moved one artist at a time, still nothing shows on the ipod, but the computer said it has been loaded. aarrgg

Feb 9, 2014 12:12 PM in response to Gladiator95

It's a little unclear what you are doing, you cannot Sync and "Copy and paste" music onto an iPod. Also, "copy and paste" is not a recognised method (or terminology) for putting music onto an iPod. If you are Manually Managing the iPod, then I believe (since I don't use Manually Manage) that you drag songs to the iPod. Perhaps the ipod is in disk mode and you are pasting the mp3 onto the iPod. The iPod encodes mp3s in a particular way, so they are not stored on the iPod as mp3s.

So, connect the iPod back up to your iTunes Library, make sure the iPod is not disk use enabled. Use Sync to put the music onto the iPod, do not copy and paste, and do not try to drag music onto it. The Sync should do everything for you.

By the way, if you have songs in your Library that you do not want on the iPod at this time, untick them in the Library and when the iPod is connected to iTunes, change the option to Sync only ticked sngs and videos. That way, unticked songs are not put onto the iPod.

What happens?

music will download to my ipod 120 classic but it doesnt show up on the ipod, if you hook it up to a computer, you will see that the music loaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.