Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facebook push notification

Hey

i just bought my iphone5 since 2 days and I can't receive facebook push notifications on ios7.0.3 -iphone 5. Facebook app isn't listed on notification center app list either. The only way I can know that there is a facebook notification is the 1 sign on the app icon.

i tried uninstalling and installing the app again but it didn't work

i tried to fix it throught facebook setting in the app and on the pc it didnt work

please help

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:04 PM

28 replies

Feb 8, 2014 10:07 PM in response to Aly hany

I'm currently having the same issue. Bought the phone on February 7. I am signed in from the panel in settings -> Facebook as well as inside the app. Facebook doesn't show up in notification center. I am not receiving push notifications.

Inside the Facebook app, Mobile push is ON with sound for everything.

I tried the following.

• UninstallFacebook app, delete account from settings -> Facebook then reinstall and sign in again.
  • Same as above, but restarting the phone before reinstalling the app.
  • Doing a factory reset of the phone.

Feb 8, 2014 10:14 PM in response to Razwiss

Same problem here (iPhone 5c, ios 7.0.5, Facebook 6.9.1)

I try to re-installed Facebook app but stiil have problem

First, the notification center not show facebook setting but i solved by signed out from Settings/Facebook/my username/Delete Account. And re-install facebook try to signed in from app not in settings, and notification center will show up facebook.

But push notification still does't work, i checked notification in facebook app settings it all set ON

But i haven't try to factory reset

Sorry for my bad english.

Feb 9, 2014 5:25 PM in response to Aly hany

I'm having the same problem. I prefer to have notifications on for facebook and its just not in notification center AT ALL. I feel like I've tried absolutely everything and nothing is working. Why isn't facebook in the notification center? I feel ridiculous for considering returning it and getting a new model just to get a small problem like this fixed but I use facebook a lot so it feels like a really big deal. Quite frankly its kind of unnacceptable how common this problem seems

Feb 9, 2014 7:05 PM in response to Aly hany

Hey again

So it seems that i'm not facing this problem alone :)

Okay i managed to add facebook to notification center but still didnt get push noti. So ill share it with you at least to solve one of the problems

As one of the replies said

Go to settings--facebook and sign out

Then go to facebook app and sign out and dont choose to merge info

Reinstall the facebook and sign in from it first not from settings--- facebook

You will find facebook in notification center

Good luck :)

Feb 9, 2014 7:26 PM in response to Aly hany

This has been driving me crazy all night! I purchased the 5s yesterday and just noticed about two hours ago I wasn't getting Facebook notifications and it didn't show up under Notification Center. Sign out of Facebook under settings then sign out of the Facebook App. Sign back in to the Facebook App then check to see if it shows up under Notification Center. If it does, turn on the banners/badges/sounds you want then sign back into Facebook under Settings. This worked for me just now

Feb 10, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Aly hany

Hey again and sorry for my bad english

I think i solved this problem just now, but i don't know how i solved it (-_-")

I try to open facebook app and i click the search icon (magnifying glass) on the top to find someone and **** yeah!! The popup to confirm the push notification show me and then i confirmed

Now i test post something to my timeline and yes! Push work again right now

It work for me by dark magic or something, i don't know

Hope this help for you guys.

facebook push notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.