Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto hadn't been working properly on my Macbook Air, always needed to be repaired, then out of the blue it deleted the entire library and I'd like to recover my photos

My Macbook Air is very recent, only bought it a month ago. My iPhoto had started having some problems lately, gradually needing to be repaired more and more everytime i tried to add a photo tomy library. eventually, today, I tried to add a picture to it and it stopped working completely, I force quitted out of the application, and when i tried to open it back up it sasked me to select a library to open and there was none to choose from. So basically, my entire photo library was deleted and I want to fix the problem then recover it. Can someone please help me?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 1:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2014 6:37 AM in response to inniep

Welcome to Apple Discussions

I hope you have a backup - though that may be missing part or all of your photos too.

See this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4780262?answerId=21162321022#21162321022 thread.

If you have no backups of your photos and they are very valuable stop using your machine now. Inexpensive data recovery tools can not recover overwritten files. Data recovery services are, for most users, prohibitivly expensive.

iPhoto hadn't been working properly on my Macbook Air, always needed to be repaired, then out of the blue it deleted the entire library and I'd like to recover my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.