Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to extend my battery life?

How do I extend my battery life?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 3:23 AM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2015 5:53 PM in response to RR BNY

• Brightness, yes, it will make a difference
  • Close apps, no. If anything closing apps will use more energy. Apps that are in the quick launch screen are not running. They are suspended. If you kill them the next time you use them they will have to reload, which will use more energy than just leaving them be. See: http://www.howtogeek.com/204552/no-closing-background-apps-on-your-iphone-or-ipa d-wont-make-it-faster/
  • Turn off WiFi, definitely not. First of all, the phone itself turns off WiFi when it is asleep. So turning it off yourself is just a waste of time. When you are using the phone you want WiFi to be on, because when in active use WiFi ALWAYS uses less power than cellular data. If your cell signal is weak by a factor of 10 or more. Even with a strong signal WiFi uses half the power of cellular data when sending or receiving. And if you don't have a WiFi connection WiFi doesn't use any power; it is just listening for a second every 10 seconds, and listening doesn't use measurable power.

There are a lot of myths about battery power. These are just a couple. Further, why do you care if the battery lasts 2 days. The right approach to battery management is to charge it overnight, every night. That way you start with a full charge in the morning. There's the added advantage that WiFi stays on when the phone is connected to power, so any notifications, data updates (such as news), etc will go over WiFi. If the phone is unplugged that data will go over Cellular. And most important, if the phone is connected to power and WiFi you can enable automatic iCloud backups, so your phone will back up by itself once a day.

How to extend my battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.