Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an iTunes gift card to purchase credits for a game app that I have downloaded?

Can I use an iTunes gift card to purchase credits for a game app that I have already downloaded?

iPad 2, Game Already purchased. Wish to pu

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 6:52 PM

The iTunes card was a gift and would much rather use it then my account

8 replies

Feb 9, 2014 9:10 AM in response to Gonzo1973

Have you already redeemed your iTunes Gift Card? If not, refer to the steps in the article:

Redeeming iTunes Gift Cards and content codes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1574

Once you have redeemed your card, any items purchased on your account(excluding gifts) will be automatically charged to the remainder of the store credit until the balance reaches $0.00. If a purchase exceeds the amount of the store credit, the balance can be paid with a credit card.

Mar 22, 2014 3:37 PM in response to NatalieT1

Not sure if you can, I've added £50 to my i-Tunes account and when then made an in-app purchase, the £50 is still in my account but my card has been charged for the full amount.

I know Apple use a delayed method on charging, so money doesn't go straight out, so I will wait to see if they use the gift card and then take the remainder from my card, if not then I'll assume that you can't use credit for in-app purchases.

Can I use an iTunes gift card to purchase credits for a game app that I have downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.