Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone dosen't recognize aux cable

I bought a aux cable from Radio Shack to listen to my itunes in the car. I don't have a traditional aux jack in my car..I have to plug into the DVD system using red/white cable. This worked PERFECT for 3+months. All of a sudden it stopped. Couldn't figure out why??? Plugged my friends iPhone into the same cable and it worked perfect....but mine won't. Bought a new cable (different brand) and it still won't work. Again, works perfect with my friends phone.

Went through Apple Support and they had me delete and restore my phone. Still won't work!! HELP!!! Has anyone had this issue???

One thing to note- when I plug in regular headphones they work perfect!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 7:43 AM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2014 8:59 AM in response to sandmjsmom

Is your friends iPhone running iOS 7.0.4 ?

Since iPhone is so new take it to an Apple Store genius bar ( make an appointment ) they will run diagnostics to check for hardware issues although as you aren't using a normal aux in it maybe some incompatibility between car and iOS 7 unless answer to above question is affirmative

phone dosen't recognize aux cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.