Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modifications aren't in sync - driving me crazy!

Working in the latest version of (everything) pages,osx, iOS apps etc.

Nothing is open on any devices except my MacBook Air. I have set time on all devices to automatically update and have also even reset the document storage on iCloud on all devices. Yet, every few minutes (Sometimes seconds) I keep getting a popup that modification aren't in sync. It's very distracting to my workflow. Anyone have any suggestions for this? I want to keep my file on dropbox now for easy access but it makes the iOS end more cumbersome to work with.

The second image uploaded made me LOL... seriously though. It's a bit ridiculus and I'm now coming to forums to try to get this fixed which is taking up time from work as well. Please help!

-Distracted

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 9:06 AM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2014 9:40 PM in response to PoliticsProf

I get a permutation of this:

- One option is truly the last time I touched the file.

- The other is my iPhone (which I do run numbers on), but never opened the file in question.

User uploaded file

Not all the time. Sometimes I just wake my computer out of sleep and there it is.

(Of note, I do travel with my iPhone AND my computer and are constantly battling 'invalid certificates' as I try and connect to various public and hotel WiFis.)

Matthew

Apr 19, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Trevor Doerksen

I have enough IT smarts to see how corrupt fonts would cause the result I'm seeing.

Launching Font Book and I did a quick scan, and sure enough I have duplicated type faces.

And although I've cleaned up my fonts, I think that the files where I get the 'warning message' corresponds to files that contained type faces which were duplicated.

I promise to report back with my result, and hopefully it might help some folks.

Matthew

Modifications aren't in sync - driving me crazy!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.