Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to load certain websites across all browsers on a MacBook Pro

Suddenly I'm unable to load certain websites (sundancechannel.fr, sundancechannel.tw, etc.) across all browsers—Safari, Firefox, Chrome—on my new MacBook Pro. Other computers on the same wifi can access those same sites fine.

I either get a won't connect to server message or a blank page.

Any idea what's going on?

I've thus far tried restarting the connection, clearing my cache, restarting the computer, deleting my history, and even getting in touch with the site owners.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 10:07 AM

11 replies

Feb 9, 2014 3:32 PM in response to Cambrey Thomas

Cambrey,

that HTML content shows that there’s no content at that Web site — it will only show the heading “301 Moved Permanently” and the single line “nginx/1.2.6”. I suspect that they might have wanted to include a redirection directive in that document, but for some reason, they didn’t. Your browsers are behaving as they ought to do with this Web site.

Have you considered trying www.sundancechannel.fr in your browsers instead of sundancechannel.fr?

Aug 28, 2016 3:31 PM in response to Cambrey Thomas

TURN OFF SMART SET UP ON A BT HUB

My son had this issue when he tried to use his MacBook Pro on a visit to my house even though all other Apple devices and PC devices connected to the website. We went through all the posted solutions. None worked. We then realised that I had changed my hub since my son's last visit and the new BT6 hub had "Smart setup" enabled. We disabled "Smart setup" ( Safari> 192.168.1.254>select Smart setup>login as administrator> click disable and save) and then all worked properly . This error had arisen even though we had been connecting by wifi through an AirPort that was cabled to the router.

This has arisen with other devices in the past

I'm unable to load certain websites across all browsers on a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.