Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5--Blue tint on photos

Ever since I upgraded to 7.0.4 on my iPhone 5, the camera app takes photos with a very blueish tint--but only at the regular photo size--square and pano are correct. Other photo apps also have the correct color.

I'm attaching some shoddy screenshots of my couch taken without a flash to illustrate how drastic the difference is. But this happens consistently in all contexts: indoor, outdoor, without flash, etc. I can see on the screen how off the color is.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks!

Default dimensions--overly saturated blue tint:

User uploaded file

Square format--no blueish tint:

User uploaded file

Pano: no blue tint

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 10:07 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2017 5:06 AM in response to mcytron

My doesn't have to do with the camera I have an iPhone 5s and just like the yellow tint that's on your phone.... sometimes... I always get this blue tint it's like everything is a blue shade.... and this only happens when I don't have a certain case on my phone and I don't change my cases often maybe once every two months but this is keeping me from changing my cases :(

Feb 9, 2014 10:13 AM in response to mcytron

Also, just to clarify. This isn't a lighting issue. The blue tint is present on all photos. Even exterior shots with blazing Spanish winter light. The rocks in these shots should be pinkish, for example:

User uploaded file

And, again, the odd thing is that the color is perfect if I select "Square." This only happens when taking photos at the default dimensions.

Mar 30, 2014 8:46 AM in response to Dhalberg

Thanks so much Dhalberg--that solved my issue!

I've never messed around with the filters, but I guess something mysterious must have happened in my pocket at some point without me knowing.

Interestingly, when I opened up these photos in Photogene2, they appeared without the blue filter, so I was using that as a work around. Thanks again--that was driving me crazy!

Sep 13, 2014 12:38 AM in response to mcytron

mcytron [and Dhalberg]...

Thank you, for posting this problem and the resolution.

I have just returned from a two month 14,500km Kimberly's and Red Centre trip, and found to my absolute disappointment that all of my iPhone 5 photos had a horrid blueish tinge.

a) by chance, I found when fiddling with iPhoto Edit that on the photos with this tinge, that the Revert to Original button was highlighted.

Click on that button, and the photo colour profile was magically restored.

b) OK, but how do I proceed now; select every photo, and select Edit, Revert to Original for every one? I have 600 plus photos to fix.

I began looking for a method of doing a Batch Change, which I have used in the past to adjust the time [and date] of photos imported from my wife Olympus SZ-14, and bingo, found the Photos, Revert to Original button in the top menu bar drop down.

It worked a treat. I was able to select all the effected photos [in fact did a Ctlr a on the entire collection], and all 600 plus were restore in a few minutes, withthe click of one button.

Phew...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5--Blue tint on photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.