Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advice on writing a macro or script...

Hi all,

I recently bought a cheap dashcam to record the crazy things people get up to during our commute.

This particular camera records videos for 3 minutes then writes it to file & begins another 3 minutes so as you can imagine, after 45 minutes of driving I end up with a whole bunch of files...

The problem is that my camera has to be mounted upside down in my car or I can't get a good shot of the road!

Therefore, when I get home I've been spending considerable time repeating an identical process on each file in Quicktime to rotate the files twice to the right (to display them rightside up), then to convert them one by one to a sub folder in my movies folder...

Is there a way I can record a macro or write a script to accomplish this? If it would be too lengthy to explain on a forum post is there a book or website I can go to where I can learn how to do it myself?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 12:12 PM

See if this helps: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1799692#8514361

3 replies

Advice on writing a macro or script...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.