Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

focusrite saffire pro 40 NO OUTPUT sound Routing Available !!!!

Hello, I brough a focusrite saffire pro 40 on friday, is worked friday and yesterday when I try to use it, is worked like 1 hour and then puf, mac restarted and from then it isn't working anymore..... NO OUTPUT IN SYSTEM PREFERENCES From Saffire !!!! here are the details :

CASE : 265008 !!!!

Computer Specifications :

- 2.5 ghz intel core i5

- MacBook Pro late 2012 Os X 10.8.5

- ram 4Gb 1600 MHZ DDR3

- Intel HD graphics 4000 512mb
- Firewire devices : Only saffire pro 40

- No other devices connected at the mac book ( only firewired the saffire )

Software Info :

- Mix Control 3.4b1 and Logic Pro 9.1.8 for production.

- Same buffer size and sample rate as mix control : 44.1 hz.

Product Info :

- Here is the Firmware version : 2761

- Saffire Mix Control 3.4b1

- Connected Devices at Saffire :

- Mackie big Knob : Balanced stereo jacks

- Prodipe Pro 8 : Connected to makie, with balanced stereo jacks

I bought the Saffire on 7 feb 2014 from thomann, Friday worked, yesterday worked only 1 hour and then puf, mac restarted with a " Software problem press a or wait a few seconds " and the error was from audio : BSD process name corresponding to current thread: coreaudiod , I looked from it and checked all the things in mac and it says it's ok everything…. I don't know what to believe…

I'm From Bucharest, Romania and I really need to work with this Saffire again and Fast !!! I don't want to believe that I trow away a lot of money...

Please check what I sent, I have the same problem with the saffire....I really need this saffire work .... I sent a message to focusrite but still no answer... I posted here and still no answer... I don't find the Dicetools to repair myself the damaged mixcontrol..... I updated at the last mixcontrol and it says in Audio Midi : 20 in / 0 out !!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 12:27 PM

24 replies

Feb 10, 2014 2:55 AM in response to Kalia Official

Hi,

I don't speak english very well but I'm with the same problem.

I have a MBP I7 2.3 Ghz. I bought my Saffire pro40 from USA by Ebay in 2012, i can't remember the especific seller.

I'm from Brazil and openned a case on Focusrite, my case is 263850.

I saw in this topic:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4734566?start=75&tstart=0

That a app called DICE TOOLS from focusrite can fix the problem, but since frebuary 4th i don't recive any response from Focusrite and I can't start a live chat on Focusrite Support site because this option is not avaiable.

I really need some help, my Saffire Pro 40 just work on 96khz and i have a lot of jobs in 44Khz.

Thank you.

focusrite saffire pro 40 NO OUTPUT sound Routing Available !!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.