Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to wifi since last update in Maverick!

My wifi quit working after my last update. it says no hardware installed and wifi option in settings is no longer there.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Wifi quit working after update

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 2:07 PM

Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. If you can connect to the Internet via Ethernet, Bluetooth, or a USB network device, make sure all available OS X updates are installed. If Wi-Fi is your only means of network access, skip this step.

2. Reset the NVRAM.

3. Reset the System Management Controller.

4. Boot into Recovery. In the menu bar of the OS X Utilities screen, there's a Wi-Fi menu. If it works, select Install OS X. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

5. Take the machine to an authorized service center for testing.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2014 2:07 PM in response to Reggie Y

Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. If you can connect to the Internet via Ethernet, Bluetooth, or a USB network device, make sure all available OS X updates are installed. If Wi-Fi is your only means of network access, skip this step.

2. Reset the NVRAM.

3. Reset the System Management Controller.

4. Boot into Recovery. In the menu bar of the OS X Utilities screen, there's a Wi-Fi menu. If it works, select Install OS X. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

5. Take the machine to an authorized service center for testing.

Feb 10, 2014 2:04 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for the help. I have tried every thing you said. I am in OSX Utilities now and there are 4 options. 1. Restore fm Time Mâchine. 2. Reinstall OSX 3. Get help online. 4. Disk utility.Repair or replace using Disk utility. When I go to the top bar, under utilities, there is an option for Network utilities. If I click on this , there is no wifi option. We can connect when plugged directly into the modem, but not otherwise.

Which option do we want to go with. If I understand correctly, I should be able to go to Disk utility, then utilities in the address bar and the wifi should show? We are in the Caribbean so it is not possible to walk into a center, so hopefully we can figure it out fm here?

can't connect to wifi since last update in Maverick!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.