Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting my time capsule wifi network to be compatible with my Visio TV and PS4

I am having problems with my Time Capsule Wifi Network. I have had my network setup for a couple of years now and so far have only used my Ipad and MacBook Pro on the Wifi network. My Mac Desktop computer is connected with an ethernet cable. My Mac products never had a problem connecting to my Wifi network. I just recently bought a new TV that has Wifi capabilities and a new PS4. Neither will connect to my Wifi network. I have tried to manually enter in the Network Name and password on both the TV and Console, but they both tell me the Network cannot be found.

Is there some kind of special setting I need to change in the Time Capsule/Airport menu in order for my Wifi network to work with these new devices. I have a hard time believing that only Apple devices will work with the Time Capsule, but it seems like that so far. My friends that have Iphones are able to connect when they are here, but my LG smart phone won't. I still want my network password protected and am currently using the WPA/WPA2 password setting.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks- cat9lives80

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 4:09 PM

Are you using Apple names for the wireless and TC?? That doesn't help at all.

Reset the TC to factory and start over.

Use all names, short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

eg TCname = TC

Wireless 2.4ghz = TC24ghz

Wireless 5ghz = TC5ghz (well worth having a different name when you have issues).

Set WPA2 Personal to use password of 10-20 characters.. pure alphanumeric of course.

Now you have some hope for non-apple stuff to work.

No luck fix the wireless channel for 2.4ghz and test with no security.

If it won't work with channels, 11, 6, 1 .. tested in that order and no security then it will never work.

If it does work turn security back on again obviously.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2014 4:09 PM in response to cat9lives80

Are you using Apple names for the wireless and TC?? That doesn't help at all.

Reset the TC to factory and start over.

Use all names, short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

eg TCname = TC

Wireless 2.4ghz = TC24ghz

Wireless 5ghz = TC5ghz (well worth having a different name when you have issues).

Set WPA2 Personal to use password of 10-20 characters.. pure alphanumeric of course.

Now you have some hope for non-apple stuff to work.

No luck fix the wireless channel for 2.4ghz and test with no security.

If it won't work with channels, 11, 6, 1 .. tested in that order and no security then it will never work.

If it does work turn security back on again obviously.

getting my time capsule wifi network to be compatible with my Visio TV and PS4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.